SAALS consists of a team of expert scientists, working in a modern state-of-the-art laboratory, utilising methods of the highest standards.
SAALS is owned by Ray Borda, founder and Managing Director of Macro group of companies. Ray Borda, won the Best Businessman Award of South Australia in 2009 started Macromeats and subsidiary group of companies. Today, Macro Meats controls the world's largest retail distribution of wild game kangaroo meat, is the largest supplier of game meat in Australia and exports worldwide.
Increased demand for quality in the food industry motivated Ray to start a professional Food Laboratory with highly qualified and experienced technical and management staff. SAALS is a proven example of Macro Meat's commitment towards quality in our food products.
When you choose SAALS, you choose an independent testing laboratory that:
- issues accurate answers under the mantle of complete confidentiality and rigorous quality control procedures.
- is committed to providing you results when you need them.
- is registered with the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) and a quality system certified to the ISO:17025 standard.
- is a Department of Agriculture (DA), Fisheries and Forestry approved lab.
- Shorter TAT via NATA accredited PCR methods for Listeria and Salmonella
- One of the few labs in Australia approved by DA for Import food testing.